Our Core Values
Experts in our field: Our client value is derived from our subject matter expertise. We are experts in what we do – committed professionals who are at the leading edge of our specialised field. This is why we attract the best resources and invest in them to keep us at this forefront.
Passion: ACS is passionate about our clients, passionate about delivering real value and passionate about delivering the right results. Our success is your success. Exceeding client expectations is a matter of pride.
Collaboration: Our relationships are the key to our success. We believe in taking a collaborative approach with both our practice teams and our clients. The strength of trust and teamwork runs high among everything we do.
Delivery-focussed: We are a firm of delivery-focused consultants. We constantly strive to exceed our client’s expectations. We are results driven and are renowned for delivering sustainable and tangible results that support our clients through the challenges and evolving issues that they face.
Integrity: Because our culture is values based, you are assured of the highest ethical standards of integrity and transparency at all times. Our clients all concur that our services are supplied in a refreshingly honest and open way.
ACS is committed to operating its business in a manner that is both sensitive and responsible with proper regard to its legal obligations and according to relevant directives, regulations and codes of practice. It is also committed to supporting the Government’s vision for Corporate Social Responsibility, specifically:
- Promoting business activity that brings simultaneous economic, social and environmental benefits.
- Encouraging innovative approaches and continuing development and application of best practices.
- Ensuring the best minimum levels of performance in areas such as health & safety, the environment and equal opportunities.
- Creating a framework that facilitates business practices that balance profit and success with achievement of social and sustainability goals.
- Taking an active part in supporting the local community and social causes.
ACS Ethical Principles
Our ethical principles are the values that set the ground rules for all that we do as employees of ACS. As we seek to achieve responsible commercial success, we will be challenged to balance these principles against each other, always mindful of our promise to shareholders that we will achieve responsible commercial success. Our ethical principles are:
- Honesty: We will not say things that are false. We will never deliberately mislead. We will be as candid as possible, openly and freely sharing information, as appropriate to the relationship.
- Promise Keeping: We will go to great lengths to keep our commitments. We will not make promises that can’t be kept and we will not make promises on behalf of the Company unless we have the authority to do so.
- Fairness: We will create and follow a process and achieve outcomes that a reasonable person would call just, even handed and non-arbitrary.
- Respect for Others: We will be open and direct in our communication, and receptive to influence. We will honour and value the abilities and contributions of others, embracing the responsibility and accountability for our actions in this regard.
- Compassion: We will maintain an awareness of the needs of others and act to meet those needs whenever possible. We will also minimize harm whenever possible. We will act in ways that are consistent with our commitment to social responsibility.
- Integrity: We will live up to ACS’ Ethical Principles, even when confronted by personal, professional and social risks, as well as economic pressures.
ACS is opposed to the use of slavery in all forms; cruel, inhuman or degrading punishments; and any attempt to control or reduce freedom of thought, conscience and religion.
ACS will ensure that all of its colleagues, agents and contractors are entitled to their human rights as set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
ACS will not enter into any business arrangement with any person, company or organisation which fails to uphold the human rights of its workers or who breach the human rights of those affected by the organisation’s activities.
ACS is committed to ensuring it has a positive long-term economic, social and environment impact across the communities and places it operates. As part of that commitment ACS expects its suppliers and business partners to uphold the same values in the way it conducts business and be committed to:
- equality, diversity and inclusion
- corporate social responsibility
- environmental sustainability
As a small business with a diverse workforce ACS understand the value that small and diverse businesses bring to the economy. We actively take steps to provide the opportunity for small, local and diverse businesses to work with us, both as suppliers and business partners.
- Equal Opportunities
Sustainability (Environmental) Policy
ACS recognises that businesses can have a negative impact on the environment. We are committed, and enjoy finding ways in which we can reduce the impact of our work both in the office and when work takes us away from the office.
It is our policy to:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimise the impact on sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- To review annually and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
Purchase of Equipment and Consumption of Resources
- Recycle as much waste material as possible.
- Avoid the use of paper wherever possible. For example, sending invoices and quotes via email as PDF files.
- Recycling equipment that is no longer of use to the company. For example, giving away items such printers that we no longer use.
- Keep energy usage low. For example, make it a practice to turn off lights when you leave a room that isn’t being used and ensure that computers are shut down after work.
- Reuse waste paper (from the printer) where possible, making use of the blank side for notes etc.
- Purchase products made with recycled paper. For example, paper towels, printer paper.
- Purchase products with a lower environmental impact. For example environmentally safe soaps and detergents.
- Purchase fair-trade and/or organic beverages.
Travel and Meetings
- Walk, cycle and/or use public transport to attend meetings, site visits etc, apart from in exceptional circumstances where the alternatives are impractical and/or cost prohibitive.
- Seek to offset carbon emissions when travel by air is unavoidable.
- Avoid physically travelling to meetings where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing, video conferencing or web cams, and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips. These options are also often more time efficient, while not sacrificing the benefits of regular contact with clients and partners.
- Reduce the need for our staff to travel by supporting alternative working arrangements, including home working etc, and promote the use of public transport by locating our offices in accessible locations.
Advanced Capability Solutions recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. This policy sets out the organisation’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruitment and promotion, giving guidance and encouragement to employees at all levels to act fairly and prevent discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, part-time and fixed term contract status, age, sexual orientation or religion.
Statement of Policy
- It is the policy of Advanced Capability Solutions to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable. The organisation is committed not only to its legal obligations but also to the positive promotion of equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
- The organisation recognises that adhering to the Equal Opportunities Policy, combined with relevant employment policies and practices, maximises the effective use of individuals in both the organisation’s and employees´ best interests. Advanced Capability Solutions recognises the great benefits in having a diverse workforce with different backgrounds, solely employed on ability.
- The application of recruitment, training, and promotion policies to all individuals will be on the basis of job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits.
- All employees of the organisation will be made aware of the provisions of this policy.
Recruitment and Promotion
- Advertisements for posts will give sufficiently clear and accurate information to enable potential applicants to assess their own suitability for the post. Information about vacant posts will be provided in such a manner that does not restrict its audience in terms of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion.
- Recruitment literature will not imply a preference for one group of applicants unless there is a genuine occupational qualification which limits the post to this particular group, in which case this must be clearly stated.
- All vacancies will be circulated internally.
- All descriptions and specifications for posts will include only requirements that are necessary and justifiable for the effective performance of the job.
- All selection will be thorough, conducted against defined criteria and will deal only with the applicant’s suitability for the job. Where it is necessary to ask questions relating to personal circumstances, these will be related purely to job requirements and asked to all candidates.
- Advanced Capability Solutions will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion in the allocation of duties between employees employed at any level with comparable job descriptions.
- Advanced Capability Solutions will put in place any reasonable measures and/or adjustments within the workplace for those employees who become disabled during employment or for disabled appointees.
- All employees will be considered solely on their merits for career development and promotion with equal opportunities for all.
- Employees will be provided with appropriate training regardless of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion.
- All employees will be encouraged to discuss their career prospects and training needs with their Line Manager or the HR Department.
Grievances and Victimisation
- Advanced Capability Solutions emphasises that discrimination is unacceptable conduct which may lead to disciplinary action under the organisation’s Disciplinary Procedure.
- Any complaints of discrimination will be pursued through the organisation’s Grievance Procedure.
Work For Us
The talent we acquire at ACS is paramount to our success. Our selection criteria are high, but so are our rewards. Each of our consultants specialise in a specific business or technical vertical and have a defined career path with their own personal learning and development plan.
We’re well positioned for growth and our training, coaching, development, client base and excellent staff retention all contribute to our quality of delivery – and hence to our success.
- We focus on providing excellence to our clients.
- We ensure that our consultants are well-rewarded, commensurate with their own efforts, and our position as a market-leader.
- We have carefully fostered a team-based environment, devoid of negative competition. As a result, our consultants are able to focus on providing excellence to their clients.
- We firmly believe in a balanced lifestyle, with appropriate divisions between work and private life.
- Our consultants are encouraged to apply their individual flair, as well as ACS’s systems and beliefs.
- We deal with the most prestigious companies in their respective fields and we work with consultants with the highest quality backgrounds.
- Our consultants deal with a significant proportion of retained work, forging long-lasting relationships with many of our clients.
We are currently recruiting for a broad range of consultancy positions, at all levels across our practice.
- Graduate Training
- Affiliate Consultants
Our dedication to providing the best solutions possible for our clients, our enviable reputation and our belief that work should be rewarding, as well as enjoyable, are just a few of the reasons that some of the top talent in our field can be found at ACS Consulting.If you have a first class degree, masters or PhD combined with the passion and drive to make a difference, then we would like to hear from you. We are currently recruiting graduates for 2017.
- Please contact Poonam Yadav to find out more about our graduate training scheme
We frequently engage external Affiliate Consultants on an ad hoc programme basis. This allows us to ensure that our clients always benefit from strategic agility and a pool of intellectual capital that is able to provide tailored solutions where necessary.If you have solid experience in any of our areas of expertise and wish to join our expanding team of Affiliate Consultants, then please contact us – we would be delighted to talk with you.
- Please contact Poonam Yadav from Human Resources Management